Sunday, June 10, 2012

Slowly But Surely

Sorry about the long gap in-between posts. I've been EXTREMELY busy with school lately, which has direly set me back. Anyways, I've gotten all of the rug out. All I can say is that it is not a pretty sight. We're going to have to get some marine plywood for the flooring after cleaning out the hull and then fiberglass over the plywood to make it durable. We also removed the engine off of the transom after about two hours of problem-solving. Finding where the wires were connected to was more than just a 'hassle.' Our main problem was finding where the wires were even connected to in the first place! We haven't marked anything, so that job ought to be knock-up. Besides the wire troubles, the bigger problem on our hands is trying to fix the transom. The transom needs to be COMPLETELY re-fiberglassed. On top of that, we're going to have to replace the metal reinforcements that held the Merc onto the transom. So, that's my entry this week. Sorry for the shortage of them, guys! I guarantee there will be 1-2 a week, if not more! The minute I get out of school next Thursday, I am biking over to the marina, taking the old pontoon out onto the Onondaga Lake, and just anchor and sleep; reflecting upon my year. After that, it's off to work on my Glastron!

No comments:

Post a Comment